PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPad novice, file transfer from Windows PC
Old 12th May 2017, 18:40
PEI_3721

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
FP Thanks,
Having made some progress with music files via iTunes - format and size still unknown, I have also managed to transfer some photos direct from the camera.
I loaned a card reader which moved files from the camera's removable card to the iPad, but loading photos from the PC on the card was not so successful. This appears to be a reformatting problem if the photo has already been edited on the PC; reformat on camera not yet known.
Blue tooth next?

As cautioned previously, above, no success with other formats with the card reader, but I hope that via iTunes may provide some results. Any other suggestions.

The next task is to be able to access all old PC files from somewhere, some how !
One suggestion is via iTunes on the PC and cable connection; the PC becomes the remote disc? Alternatively can ex PC files be transferred to a external drive via iTunes - with Apple format, if only to read them on the iPad?
Particularly desperate as my daughter would like to take the old PC away, thus apart from investing in 500 gb Cloud space any neat suggestions?