PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 16:57
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marsa Alam/Hamburg/Security

TOM did offer flights and holudays to Marsa Alam from BHX quite a few years ago - I think it was when they operated Taba and Luxor in addition to Sharm. However, the Marsa Alam flights as far as I know never operated, Taba operated just one season and Luxor was also withdrawn at same time after operating on and off for a few years.

Not surprised to see Hamburg taken up by BE and good to see this route return. Euro wings were just too big for this route with their switch to Airbus ops. I hope they're doing OK with loads on DUS and VIE?

Security - an area that needs a dressing urgently. I have never seen all machines on at once so I assume they're permanently understaffed? It's all well and good shouting about monthly % increases in pax but not if your facilities can't cope. It took me over 25 mins to get thru security on a Sat afternoon recently reason being there were only 3 scanners open!!! It would also help if pax actually got ready for security itself - it never ceases to amaze me how many people don't seem to know that belts, coats and jackets must come off, I pads, liquids etc be taken out of their bags, instead they get to the scanner and hold everyone up by doing it there and not when in the queue....