PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Damages Air Force One
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 16:52
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rwy in Sight
If it is a civilian aircraft is Executive One rather Air Force One.

BTW Does President Trump still use his own aircraft or he is obliged to use one military ones?
N757AF, the Trump B-752, used the callsign Tyson One when Mr. Trump was President-elect. VP-elect Mike Pence's chartered plane was Tyson Two during that period. I haven't seen any indication that the President or First Lady have been on N757AF since the inauguration.

When a member of the President's immediate family is onboard an aircraft, the callsign becomes Executive One Foxtrot. The First Lady rode C-32A 09-0016, a military B-752, from Andrews to La Guardia last week under this callsign. This plane has the extra comm gear that someone mentioned above (not all of the C-32A's have it) and was in place as a backup for Air Force One's arrival at JFK a few hours later. After dropping off the President for a brief meeting with some world leader, the VC-25A ferried back to ADW using the callsign SAM 28. In recent years the callsign would be usually SAM 28000 for this aircraft when empty in my experience.

The other presidential 747, 29000, has been doing training recently as Venus 02 using the squadron callsign.

So far, I've only seen aircraft 28000 with the current President onboard.

Last edited by Airbubba; 12th May 2017 at 19:46.