PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 15:36
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No not missing any point at all....Regarding London area airports can you indicate services say by LHR airlines that overflow into LGW at the peak peak times...& then conversely services by LGW airlines that overflow into STN at the peak peak times & perhaps advise of any rumours of STN based airlines thinking of using SEN at STN`s own peak peak times please?..There is no cascading around of traffic...LHR for instance adapted & engage in parallel landings for the early Far Eastern & US heavies(The only time of day this is conducted regularly) & there are other numerous instances of market forces modifying perceived circumstance..The SEN Terminal has been there some years & STN has been squeezed for many Summers 0700/0900 so where is the evidence...when is it going to happen?...My point is it is a mirage that is being clung to,the market itself adapts & always has done, together with a point the other London area airports have grown & continue to grow their OWN markets & have learnt thru bitter experience at times not to sit back & wait for it to fall into their arms by default....& no AirportPlanner my lines should not appear to be in the past tho there is the maxim basically thus... he who does not know the past cannot know the future...For instance in the Fifties Sixties & Seventies LGW waited & waited for the so called overspill...a government even drew up a masterplan to move traffic there & named airlines but needless to say the market prevailed....Yes as you state Stobart on the one hand may have identified a niche route or two but the whole point is ya man has now gone on two recent huff & puff occasions/excursions snowing the institutions...Yes the industry inc Airports are now even more fluid & dynamic than ever...that should have been the message from my post/s...& yes aware too of the idea floated but probably forgotten already re LCY to housing....