PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thirteen Reasons Why...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 10:06
Scoreboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UNIFO
Simply because you Cathay and Dragon pilots are trying to avoid every moisture or rain to make yourself comfortable. As a result, many landing slots are wasted. I have seen one day every airlines is flying through the rain for an approach (Delta and Southern Air said light turbulence and rain), several BIG local airlines are insisting 50 miles off track. The delay just increase from 10 mins to 40 mins for no reason.
U dont fly me muchdo you? Calling BS. Delta i think wrote off 747 in the last couple of years cause they werent allowed to avoid "light turbulence and some rain". Best bit is avoiding a CB and watching some mainland carrier/air asia/jetstar plough straight thru a CB and then ask for wx avoidance when they are in it. And if you had flown for a mainland domestic carroer they tend to carry enough fuel to arrive at destination and turn around and fly back if wx is bad. Dont want to get docked salary for getting a lightning strike....

Personally landed during a typhoon and was lucky with no windshear warning while the 7 before all went around...one other behind me got in and then they gave up and closed the airport 30 mins later since everyone else couldnt land. So its not always light turb and some rain ....

So yeah BS is what i am callingon UNIFO