PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Life
Thread: Pilot Life
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2003, 22:37
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps- I do sympathise. When you are starting out on the jobs trail, it is a nerve wracking time. I remember my one focus was to get into a company and pension scheme for life. I wish I hadn't been so afraid of being out on my own, but I really didn't have a bean at the time. And now we are told you ain't gonna have it anyway- everybody has to be more mobile. So I have been in a company (and pension) for umpteen years, and I look around, and the wealthy people are not the ones who have been working diligently for someone else for ever- you don't get wealth working for other people! Had I not been stuck with a family, I would have become a property developer (and got rich). And people are doing it now. And if it's not property, it will be something else. Now, I would seriously look at becoming a plumber, and employing others to do it. What else can you name your price and have people willingly pay? That, or dentistry, but there's too much work with that! But sometimes, only one thing will do, and GALAN has unfortunately got the bug. I have learnt that if you want something badly enough in life, and you are able, you will get it. Those pilots have to come from somewhere, and so many BA are retiring now and in the next few years the opportunities will be there. So if it's really what you must do, good luck. But it isn't the only job in the world.