PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2017, 01:47
crewflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7
Hey crewflyer, thanks for that info

I am new to this all and not quite sure how it all works with the training for all the different aircrafts (so bare with me haha). Im guessing that 787s usually a completely seperate training/ground school to the A380s? So you're either trained on one or the other? And this determines what routes/countries you will fly to? If the new EBA is approved does this mean that those trained on 787s will also be able to be trained on A380s?

I understand that different ground schools will be trained on different aircrafts depending on Qantas's needs, but are you ever trained on more than one aircraft in ground school? What are the different types of aircrafts they train you on in QCCA ground school?

Sorry lots of questions! I hope this makes sense, thanks
Hi Skyhigh,

Welcome to the world of aviation, so how it works currently:

A380 (Australian based crew) is dedicated crew (if EBA is approved then eventually all A380 crew will be endorsed on B787 so they will be become dual endorsed A380 & B787. Currently they only operate on A380 aircraft. You will only be flying where A380 flies & of course if B787 if this gets approved.

Mainline crew: this crew is endorsed on the B747 & A330 aircraft only. You will only be flying where B747 & A330 flies.

Regarding ground school training it depends on the needs of QF which aircraft (A380/B787 or B747/A330) they put you on. If you get put into mainline then you will be trained on both aircraft type's. If you get put on A380 then depending on if this EBA gets approved I would assume that you will be dual endorsed A380 & B787 but don't quote me on that otherwise just A380.