PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will Emirates financial results be announced?
Old 12th May 2017, 00:28
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the year end numbers are indicative of the real personalities of the people we work for. More than ever it should be clear to all that you are only here to work, not make a life. Don't forget that they don't want you here after they are done with you. More and more its getting difficult, almost impossible to do practically anything without police letters, NOC's, finger prints, salary certificates indicating you make over 30,000 per month and god knows what else, they just don't want outsiders mixing into their domains.

Over the past 10 years or so there has been a move to put nationals into the work place and move the expats out. There are folks in all walks of life who are being replaced daily by locals and thats just how its done here. Yes, we all know it would'nt fly in the UK or USA but thats the way it is.

To those who have "invested" either by buying a house or invested heavily in other ways I can only say "caveat emptor". It has always been a highly risky move to purchase big ticket items in a country where you do not have the right to hold the passport and your lifestyle depends on the results of your next PPC/Medical/Landing/handling of the IO passenger etc. Even the arabs buy property in the UK, Europe, Canada, USA etc. but not here...why?

It used to be different 15 years ago, its not the same today.

Which leads me to the company of today. We still get people who join based on the spin the recruiters are forced to spout. I recently worked with a fellow who simply did not believe what was written in this forum and forged ahead anyway, he did admit that he felt imprisoned by the 5 year bond...I simply stated "you were warned" and left it at that!

The glory days are gone. It's been said 1000's of times here. It is not the place to lay down roots roots any longer (I wouldn't even buy a new car here...forget property).

So when the results are bad as they are now, its difficult for me to listen to those who blame management for how this downward trend is affecting them. You'd have known this was going to happen sometime and selling a house in the Middle East in unstable times can be a challenge. Certainly the management could have taken a different approach in the growth of the company and the handling of its staff...but they haven't nor will they.

Remember, they really don't want you here anyway.