PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clouds
Thread: Clouds
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 22:06
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 152 is only really a two seater if
Is true. It is for that reason, I have come to appreciate the 150. It actually has a lesser useful load, though with the standard 48" pitch prop actually gets out of tighter spaces better.

When the 152 was first introduced, woohoo! It was a 150 with 110 HP! It's be a rocket! We all wanted to fly it. It was 1978, and I was about to solo. It came to pass that as my flying club bought the first 152 which came to Canada, I became the first student to first solo in it - when it had 33 hours total time! (My instructor was challenged for sending me first solo in a brand new plane!). But, in finishing my PPL on a mixture of 150/152, I came to prefer the 150.

Any aircraft choice requires the purchaser to do their homework, and assure that the aircraft selected has the operational capacity to do the job. But remember, don't but more plane than you really need. fly with economy most of the time, and rent bigger on the less common occasions you might need the greater capability. Owning does not stop you from still renting!