PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interrogation awareness or resistance training
Old 11th May 2017, 14:50
Yellow Sun

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The trick cyclists believe that the worst thing you can rob someone of is a sense of time - hence one of the first questions in debrief post ex is "What time do you think it is". Dislocation of expectation beforehand being manipulated by the aroma of fried bacon and a natural assumption to associate this with breakfast.
An interesting one about time. We do tend to try and keep track and can be misled but just now and again you could quietly "win" a point. On one occasion, quite well into the interrogation phase, I found myself in front of an interrogator who had kept his watch on. I was able to read the time and it accorded with my estimate; a "win". Now you may say that his watch might have been deliberately miss set but the mere fact that I had surreptitiously gleaned some information from the interrogator was a little boost.

the mantra has got to be: 'Do not get caught under any circumstances' - regardless of what action is required to avoid capture.
To which I would add, your chances of escape diminish the longer you leave it after capture.

The only successful escape I am aware of on the CSRO course was a member of the one I was on. After capture we were taken to a collection point, bagged and not very well trussed. One member deduced he was beside a 3 tonner, took the risk and rolled under it. He then very quickly freed himself and dived over a dry stone wall on the other side and made like a very fast snake away from the action. When he judged he was far enough way he hid in the middle of a large bush. After a while the convoy of vehicles departed and on reaching a junction turned left. At that point he made off in the opposite direction.

The point about tagging and counting is a valid one as no one noticed his absence until the handover at the interrogation centre.

YS