PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interrogation awareness or resistance training
Old 11th May 2017, 12:33
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trick cyclists believe that the worst thing you can rob someone of is a sense of time - hence one of the first questions in debrief post ex is "What time do you think it is". Dislocation of expectation beforehand being manipulated by the aroma of fried bacon and a natural assumption to associate this with breakfast.

For myself: If I have no control over the events of my life, I do not give a flying **** what time it is.

For others: I have debriefed 'runners' who have pretty much calculated through various means the exact time.
As a victim; an interrogator tried to exploit me having left my poor family without their husband/father. I often wonder if the smug grin in response was indicative of the b*tch having recently left me!!

The problem with such training in the past is that the world has got a lot more ugly since the Cold War; and the assumption of some level of fair play is no longer extant. The Geneve Convention is no longer worth the paper upon which it is written - and in many of the worlds conflicts, the mantra has got to be: 'Do not get caught under any circumstances' - regardless of what action is required to avoid capture.