PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th May 2017, 09:22
Flying Rabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone. I was on the assessment on May 4. Unfortunatelly I was unsucessful. Although that, the experience was quite good and I don't feel bad at all for it. The environment is very relaxed everywhere, like how you can find in Google or other employee friendly companies nowadays.

The gentle guy (later I found that he was one of the assessors) came to the entrance and then showed us where the bathroom is, cafeteria and so on. Then we went to the simulator area. It's the one that appears on the video that they send wth the briefing package (link below).

We went then to a room nearby and he showed us a quick powerpoint about the cockpit and the assessment procedures, like no feedback after and results until 7 days. Then he paired us according to his will and gave us the charts for the day. For us it was Birmingham. We used Navteq charts, so be aware if you are using Jeppesen or other ones, it takes a while to get confortable with.

Me and my partner were the first group to go to the simulator with the gentle captain. My partner flew as PF first and then me. He asked both to take off to a certain altitude and then basic flying skills like turns, climbs, descents in turn, speed increase and decrease. We both were informed by him that we had smoke in the cabin while doing the holding, so we both asked to fly as soon as possible to the field and we did the usual PIOSEE and NITS procedure. We had also to do a go around, where I failed miserably flying to the moon instead of stoping at 3000', (I always wanted to be an astronaut, sorry) and then he positioned us in a straight in to the ILS and as soon as I had the runway insight he switched off the glide slope and localizer, so we flew visual. He also positioned us in a random placed and asked us to point on the chart where we were.

Then it was the interview. Same gentle captain and a HR guy. The captain asked me something about my CV and then the questions. As far as I remember were:

Difference between MDA an DA?
What do you understand as Vmcg?
What's V2?
What do you do when you have a happy light (he said that) before V1? I answered if it was a happy one, I would smile, otherwise I would reject the take off.
RYR 737-800 seats?
Why some aircrafts have dihedral?
Why some aircrafts have a metal plate attached to the tip? (playing stupid and clearly looking if I knew the name of the it)
What happens when we find that the dew point is close to the temperature?
737-800 engines?

The HR questions were very simple like "can you afford the type rating?" and "what do you feel about being based away from home" and then some very chill talking about my flight school and my country.

And that was it. Before 12 I was ready to go home and then at night I went to Temple bar to drink some Guinness beer. Anything feel free to ask.

Cheers =)

https://vimeo.com/212887387/4218d82076