PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lap top and tablet ban
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 08:42
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A partial solution for this would be the innovation of things like Ipads to be made even more of tempered glass than they are now. If security inspectors can see right through it, and see the internal components, it will be much easier to be confident it has not been tampered. A new breed of Ipad type devices and hopefully notebook computers too, which are tamper proof and transparent to a large degree.

This, of course will not satisfy all concerns, but perhaps some.

I agree that this is window dressing, and long after we continue to suffer these massive and useless inconveniences, the terrorists will have found other innovative ways to create a threat. In anticipation of inconvenience later this summer, I have brought, and will leave, and old notebook computer here in Europe, so if, on my next Atlantic crossing, they're banned, I'll have one here already. It is the airlines who will suffer, and then we passengers, as the increased costs for compliance are passed down.

What a ridiculous situation, I now look fondly upon my airline days back in the '80's, when it was a much more kind, and gentle industry....