PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 07:14
33LibertyStreet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe
No one can give you an answer as they do not know what the industry will be like when you finish training, they don't know what your like etc etc. It is possible and many do it, however many do not. It's a gamble like many things, if you don't do it, will it always be at the back of your mind?

30 is no where near too old. How old are you now? Asking as on another thread you are questioning about a flight school to complete your initial training.
I'm 25 turning 26 this October and I asked with the hypothetical hours because by the time I save up money for flight training I think will be around 28.

Becoming a pilot has always been a dream of mine since I was young but because of flight training costs and the fact that I've had two spontaneous pneumothorax surgeries, I discouraged myself from pursuing a career in aviation until about a few months ago when I learned that 2 SP cases may still qualify me for a class 1 medical (I called about 5 AMEs around US and UK and they said it's not a definite no but also not a definite yes so FAA's going to have to look at my ct scans and xrays).