PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA First Class Medical - Blood Test
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2017, 14:39
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I'm aware of the protection of "personal data" in Germany (LBA). I spoke to my AME about that and he told me that prior to sending the medical report to the german aviation authority (LBA) he must remove all personal data from it (complete name, address, DOB, license number etc.). So the LBA receives the medical report without any personal data and this makes it impossible to transfer the record to another state. I have heard rumors that the LBA is considering to soften this rule, because there have been frequent complaints about it. My AME told me that he can hand me the full report containing my personal data and that I could try to obtain an Austrian or Swiss medical, don't know if that'd work but perhaps worth a try.

Would it be possible to obtain a (new) medical from a different EASA member state? I don't hold a EASA pilot license yet, did the conversion FAA to EASA but CPL/IR check-ride is still pending. I mean the german aviation authority can't/doesn't transfer any records anyway.

On the other hand, as mentioned earlier by Radgirl: "It is up to the AME not the CAA." Maybe I should make a few inquiries and see if I can find another AME (in germany) who takes the blood from the finger or earlobe. Since my current AME also said to him it doesn't matter how the blood is taken as long as it yields a proper result. Only his nurse refuses to take the blood from the finger or earlobe.

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 12th May 2017 at 13:31.