PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting Qantas 787 and other types
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 20:16
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JamieMaree
"30.1.1
Where patterns exceed one (1) calendar day and:
(a) the operating crew has a crew complement of two (2) or three (3) pilots; and
(b) the pilot is scheduled to operate the last Tour of Duty on which a pilot returns to base or posting that includes more than two (2) hours between 0100 and 0459 (LT) based on the departure port.

30.1.2 Where a tour of duty exceeds 14 hours
Where a tour of duty (including solely deadheading duty periods and one (1) day patterns) on which a pilot returns to base or posting exceeds 14 hours, regardless of the time that the pilot is freed from duty.
30.1.3 Extensions to the last tour of duty in a pattern
At the completion of a pattern, where a pilot has elected to extend his or her
tour of duty during the last tour of duty of the pattern:
(a) beyond eight (8) hours flight time (2 pilot crew);
(b) beyond 11 hours tour of duty (2 pilot crew);
(c) beyond 14 hours tour of duty (3 pilot crew).
30.1.4 Two-pilot crews rostered for more than 11 hours tour of duty or eight (8) hours flight time
Where a two (2) pilot crew is rostered for more than 11 hours tour of duty or eight (8) hours flight deck duty, unless the pilot has exercised his or her discretion under RM21.2."

I'm not sure what you are talking about headmaster, but I would say that these provisions have been there for a long time.
The transport for early sign ons and late sign offs has gone so that was a giveaway and I suppose that it could be argued that those that are left have some relationship to a long day's work but I repeat I can assure you that none of these provisions were negotiated originally on the basis of a fatigue link.
I am aware of the provision and the changes made during EBA9 negotiations. Home transport may well have been purely industrial when initially negotiated, but the changes made during EBA9 negotiations were specifically made to address fatigue. The net result was an increase in the patterns captured by the home transport clause. I can assure you that these changes were pursued for fatigue reasons.

Moreover, the current 787 agreement are made under clause 11 specifically includes home transport for fatigue mitigation.