PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 15:34
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lachlan.Turner
People, there is no "block hour incidental allowance". It is not $3, it is not $3.30 - it does not exist.

Syd89 was correct from the start.
Lachlan and Syd89 my reason for posting very basic information about salaries and allowances was only to give potential applicants a very approximate idea of what their fortnightly salary would look like. The information I posted in terms of base salary is correct and direct from EBA9 the current EBA we work under. You may not have read my initial post closely but I did say the Incidental Payment of $3.00 per hour is an approximate as our EBA is dated 2012 and CPI increases would have occured.

My intentions were honourable as a lot of potential crew have no idea what an EBA is and our world is controlled by this document let alone how the meals allowances are calculated and overtime. If you are leaving employment that pays significantly more or you have a mortgage (in Sydney), loan payments etc etc I believe its important you have some basic idea.

The business will provide you with detailed information on salaries and allowances but they will not provide estimates of fortnightly earnings etc as your flying and fleet type could change overnight.

Having said all that you have reminded me Lachlan and Syd89 why do I even bother as of course you know much more than I especially you Lachlan as your post of 1 May, 2017 advised you were still on active hold but of course you know that an Incidental Payment DOES NOT EXIST.

For your reference Lachlan:

Flight Attendants’ Association of Australia – International Division,
Qantas Airways Limited and QF Cabin Crew Australia Pty Limited
Enterprise Agreement 2012 (EBA9)

Page 92

3.6 Incidentals Allowance
An Incidentals Allowance will be paid to the Cabin crew employee when he or she is assigned to and commences flying as compensation for expenses incurred by them in the course of and arising out of their employment whilst travelling. This allowance will be paid per flight block hour operated at the rate of $3.00 per hour. Adjustments to this amount will be calculated by the Company in March/April each year by comparing the latest movements in Australian Consumer Prices (CPI) against the pre-existing value of the Incidentals Allowance. Any increase to the allowance will be paid no later than from the first full pay period in May following the completion of the annual review.