PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA Standard COS...My experience
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 14:47
Gaisha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Gaisha,

as long as people like you accept the offered conditions, as long as people like you do not leave, things will not improve.
Not sure what the reference "like you" is referring to... if you mean a pilot looking for work elsewhere in the hope to advance their career and be awarded with a remuneration package and salary increases in line with the CPI of Hong Kong then I assume I am like most of us here.

Since years now you and many more before you are taking part in an unwinnable game:

you want to convince OTHERS not to join, but you want to stay YOURSELF.

I do not buy your story.
You aren't the person I'm trying to convince so i could care less if you buy my story or not. It seems you have problems comprehending. (something I've notices in previous threads..I hope you aren't a pilot) As i mentioned before, I was considering leaving.

Two years ago ALL the information was there. Everything.

You saw the money back then and you see the money today. You could go back any time, but for a $ sacrifice. So you convince yourself to stay just a bit longer, just a few hours more, just for the command...

And so the race to the bottom continues..
The information has always been there, but as i mentioned, like many others who come to HK in search of the dream, its not simply about crunching the numbers. One has to live here, day to day, to realise all of the expenses.

Just because we know the facts and are provided information before hand, does not mean we can't continue to push for better contracts or wages. Since the A scale, pilots were constantly battling it out with management in the hope that their earnings would be increased...and they succeeded.
When Expat B were in contract compliance, they too knew about the numbers and the cost of living in HK.....after 35 captains left in a matter of 8 weeks, it resulted in management realising it can't continue and they ended up increasing their remuneration by 40%.

By the way, those of you still bitter about the staff travel deal...build a bridge...or post in the relevant thread....Sure, KA pilots are not able to get a higher priority on CX flights, but it works both ways. Pilots aren't the only ones who make up staff travel..there are a lot of back office staff who get it too and they aren't interested in going to europe or australia but rather China or S.E asia.....its a bigger picture than just us pilots.