PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - La Qantas 787 to Paris
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 08:57
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QANTAS say they will have retired 5 of their 747's by the time the last of the 8 new 787's are delivered, so net will be 3 more aircraft for new routes.
the myriad of 15-20 year FOs perhaps
I always try to argue fact not personality. I am certainly no pessimist. I watched a career disappear like many of my former colleagues, and listened to managers and executives speak from both sides of their mouth.
I don't see how an additional three aircraft and a bit of spin about 'maybe ports' is cause for boundless optimism. Call me wrong when they announce fifty additional aircraft. I have another profession and despite having three years to do it, with countless ASX announcements, AGM and HY updates, Qantas management have not committed to anything other than 8. Shall we deal in facts? This is your same management who locked you out on the basis the international business was 'terminal' That QF business right now operates exactly the same fleet mix and pay scales as its terminal decline....Do you ever wonder how?

I hope they get new routes and aircraft, but just perhaps think critically. They make an art form of manipulation and that includes their staff.

They haven't announced CDG, they said they will look at it. In legal parlance, that is hardly an enforceable undertaking...