PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Float Plane bush pilot course, recommended operators
Old 8th May 2017, 21:40
4Screwaircrew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in Canada at the moment, Transport Canada emailed my FLVC on Friday afternoon having had the paperwork in the morning, this was based on an EASA ATPL with current 737 rating and SEP class. They will attach the rating to this, I had intended to do just the rating but am now looking at the logistics of doing a shortened bush course.

I'm training with Sudbury Aviation who are one of very few schools in Canada to train only on floats or skies depending on the season (no wheeled aircraft at all) so far all the training has been with the Chief Pilot and I am pleased with the standard of instruction.

They operate the school with 2 Cessna 172s and charter flying and camp support flights with 2 x DHC2 and 1 x C185, the lady that owns the place has done so since 1981, she still flies the DHC2 at the age of 77.

As I say I'm only a couple of trips into the course but I'm enjoying it and on what I've experienced so far would recommend them.