PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 8th May 2017, 17:19
plt radioman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Avenger
More nonsense! in QR there has been a recent influx of applications from Turkish carrier pilots, THY and SXS, PGS for many reasons, but not because they "live in fear" or claim to be " censored" complete tripe. The main reasons they want QR is Money, Getting out of Military obligation by being out o Turkey for 4 years, Chance to fly wide body and also their licence is accepted. those in the pool are happy to remain in THY until their slot pops up, and some even cancelled their courses and decided to stay in Turkey.. mainly family issues. THY still employs many foreign pilots an they seem happy enough to stay in a country where the living costs are half of DOHA for instance. Of course, there will always be one or two or one pretending to be 2! nutters wanting to stir up gossip.. but this is forum after all
I'm Turkish. I left Turkey for UAE some years ago, mainly for quality of life and company standards. Today there is a witch hunt going on for anyone not in favour with the government, either being an Ataturk follower or an ex ally of Erdogan. Even back when i was there, it was very easy to notice the change,and that now has escalated and it effects you. At least it has affected me.

Having seen worse companies, i am very happy here in DXB T2. I try not to listen to complaints. As far as i know , many guys that went on to QR actually did seek a escape from what is going on back home. At least thats the message i received from them when they contacted me before coming into the region.