PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBVA Stop Funding Pilot Loans
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 19:16
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering the feminist "affirmative action", it is the only thing that it becomes (using Bealzebub comments) a charity. Certainly not level playing field, but then, those are some great Instagram photos....

Rotweiler22 I agree. If they really cared about equality, there would be programs to support minorities and those who don't have the structure at home to even begin to think, of pursuing a career in aviation when they finish school. Those kids living below poverty lines for example, struggling to meet the expectations in education which would be needed to embark in training, never mind the financial costs later.

Easyjet bangs the drum about the number of females in the flight deck being less than 5%, and how nice they are to women, nonsense. Gender politics helped put Trump in the white house(another topic). The number is actually 4.1% in the UK, Easyjet is pushing to 20% in their ranks. But theres only 2.7% black & asians in the UK for example.

Airlines do not care and the whole equality drive are smokescreens. I have seen the Are Lingus, BA, Easyjet marketing and call me cynical if you like, but I think its all political point scoring.

Back to topic.

I never expected handouts and as he rightly mentioned, we have to be aware that 200Hr is not the benchmark.

However, I have taken an FI rating and I have met many who cannot get interviews whilst the young guns of said schools with the mentioned level of experience, get jobs before even qualifying in certain cases.

I agree that there will always be people with pockets deep enough to start their flight training, my comment was more of wishful thinking. I feel, like many others, betrayed, and you can't really judge on this as I have done what I could to be as competitive and ready as ever without expecting any favours.

My point is, there are people who did not get the massive loan, that gave a serious 10 years focusing on getting the right qualifications and experience. And most importantly, didn't fell to pay to fly schemes and instead followed the "stepping stones", and still, they do not want to look at us.

The FTO's made their cash out of us and cut us lose, then sell the £100K plus dream elsewhere and when we compete with their kids for the job, we are told we are not "cream of the crop" by the same people who trained us in some cases.

Not an attack on anyone, I think that not having that facility in place for a little while may be a good thing for everyone. Those who can afford will still go ahead, those who can't will do like myself and many others did and theres nothing wrong with that, and theres nothing wrong with me wanting a fairer industry.

A little more transparency wouldn't hurt.

To be honest, thinking carefully here, the jokes are on us for choosing an industry full of a****.