PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting Qantas 787 and other types
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 13:21
keepitrealok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vorsicht
As far as poking **** at the ME rules, at least they have two proper crews (Capt/FO) and they have a published rest plan so that the "B" crew can arrive at work reasonably rooted and go straight to sleep for the first half of the flight.
The 'published rest plans' are box ticking by the company, pretending they are providing method for crews to be properly rested for the flight. They are complete and utter rubbish - flights of fancy written by people who have never operated as pilots under Long Haul flying. Written, incorporated and filed to pretend they are looking after fatigue, but in reality only there so that when an incident or accident occurs they can blame the pilots for not 'following our rest plan.'

There is nothing about the Australian model that stands up to proper scrutiny, from the ridiculous "commuting" rules to the actual crewing of the flights.
Hahaa. Too funny. I got a great laugh out of this one! The rules in the Middle East stand up to scrutiny?? The ULR 'rules' are written in stone.........right up until there is a crewing crisis and suddenly pilots are being called out to operate flights that under bidding rules, and previously 'set in stone' local nights policies, they couldn't operate - but now fall under the "you are legal to operate Captain because you now only need 18hrs rest blah blah blah (We are breaking the rules because we can't crew the flight and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it)."

All just there so some manager can blame a pilot for the next screw up.
But this took the cake!! As opposed to the Middle East where they are 'all just there so some manager can fire a pilot for the next [Management-induced] screw up.'

Wanna talk about how the Middle East model is holding up with pilots operating rested and not suffering fatigue?

Be my guest.........

Last edited by keepitrealok; 8th May 2017 at 04:09. Reason: to emphasize it's always management induced in the M.E.