PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting Qantas 787 and other types
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 10:49
Jetsbest

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts
C441....

Wha'? What a Keg said!

I've not seen what you describe & I don't condone it but I believe it is an exception rather than the rule. I just don't think another rule is needed when 'a' pilot is less than sensible about their own preparations for duty; surely every company has mechanisms (from counselling to sanctions) to deal with ill-considered or inappropriate behaviours.

I don't see the relevance of your 'alcohol/fatigue analogy' either; we're arguing the same thing but you seem to be implying that you knew someone was unfit to operate but you let it slide anyway?! Alternatively, given that humans are often not great at assessing their own levels of fatigue, perhaps they started work in a fit state (even you were not alarmed?) but, as circadian disrhythmia can, your off-sider became very tired soon after departure. Predictable? Maybe. Desirable? Of course not! Insurmountable? I doubt it.😉

But given what you've described, I must have missed the Aviation Herald report about your experience.🤔... or was it actually managed adequately in the circumstances?👍

Last edited by Jetsbest; 7th May 2017 at 11:19.