PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBVA Stop Funding Pilot Loans
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 10:08
Rupert369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spaflyer, without getting bogged-down in figures, I'd absolutely love to know where you suggest living for £400 per month including bills, not to forget the possibility of a car to get to work, insurance, maintenance etc - sounds like a place where I'd very much like to base myself!

The only thing that's 'totally wrong' is your assumption that students at CTC/CAE/FTE haven't 'considered working' before getting here. Again, that is complete and utter nonsense.

Moving to your point about modular training, after careful consideration, I felt in the end that the risks of the modular route in my position outweighed the benefits. With a young family, I simply couldn't afford to take the risk of paying for the training with no job lined-up at the end. I appreciate that this isn't the case for everyone, it's just how things worked for me. So I spent three years working really hard to get on to the mentored scheme of my airline of choice.

I'm very pleased that it's worked out for you, and you've obviously done it for less money than me (although the scheme I'm on is very competitively priced and includes TR), but then I have to wonder why you feel the need to come and troll a student pilot board if things have been so successful?

Finally, I don't know anyone who is here because they 'want to have it now.' They're all here after carefully evaluating the pros and cons of their situations. No one comes to a school like CTC/CAE/FTE without also thinking about modular. People know that they will be repaying money for a long time to come.

If anything, I'd argue that the ones who think about BBVA or similar finance are most likely to be those who have given really careful consideration to their options, as they're the ones who don't happen to have £100k knocking around in the family.