PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBVA Stop Funding Pilot Loans
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 07:03
Rupert369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spaflyer
And did any of you consider WORKING... or is to thaugh for you? ...
I'm not quite sure what 'thaugh for you means' and I'm also not sure why you'd assume that those who are posting in this thread haven't 'considered WORKING?' What a strange, misguided and patronising comment.

I worked extremely hard for 11 years in unrelated fields before starting my training. By that stage most of my savings were invested in my house, hence having to extend my mortgage.

Every other person that I know at my school has worked to save as much as they can before training, in a huge variety of jobs.

You'll be aware that the recession, the rise of zero hours contracts, and higher rents than ever before have made it particularly difficult for young people to save considerable amounts over the last few years.

I would argue that in 2017 it would be almost impossible to save £100k+ in an average job before the age of 30, unless you have the luxury of living with family.

Today, some additional form of finance is definitely needed by the majority of trainee pilots who have worked hard to save money.