PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 22:24
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talk purely in terms of actual landing (or departing) flights per week. I would hope that you are right about capacity increasing. There is a net gain of 3 extra landings per week in high Summer compared with 2017 high Summer wherever the aircraft may be based. I hope like you that there is more to come!

I agree a 737 800 is too big for AMS, CDG, DUS etc just as it was too big for Lubeck, Madrid, Geneva, Sardinia and Toulouse etc from LBA. Just as an ATR42 is too big for Cork. Where LBA is geographically located means that millions upon millions of LBA's own catchment population, many living within a few miles of the airport are jumping straight onto the motorway or trans pennine express and using a different airport. I know you love LBA, LBIA just like me, but you simply cannot put off your immediate catchment population from using you and still be a successful airport that makes best use of its potential.

Can you imagine how many based LS aircraft there would be at an airport that was located to not just keep its own catchment but encourage neighbouring catchments to easily get to the airport - I would suggest double what would be based at LBA next year.