PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBVA Stop Funding Pilot Loans
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 15:47
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, like many others on this thread believe that the airlines should make their cadet programmes to applicants from all financial backgrounds. The Aer Lingus programme has been mentioned and from first hand experience I can confirm what as been said about the recruitment process for that programme, it is very thorough and the calibre of the candidates in Dublin was exceptionally high.

Looking at quite a few of the airlines who take cadets from CTC/FTE/OAA, many of these airlines have modular recruitment, which they can step up. Flybe and BACF through Kura, Flybe and Monarch through Wings Alliance and Thomas Cook via IAGO.

Easyjet will no doubt be the biggie and it will be interesting how the upcoming TV series on their recruitment and training process addresses the matter of cost, particularly if at the time of airing applicants do have to go for a straight remortgage. I can see it generating a lot of interest in pilot recruitment amongst the general population and if the training isn't seen to be affordable for all it might not go down too well with the viewing public.