PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Man Sues American Airlines - 'Obesity' Issue in Economy...
Old 6th May 2017, 12:21
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts
OK everyone! I am curious as to know just what is the Legal situation in the scenario denoted below.

ie; You are an 'average sized' individual, and in this I mean you are NOT deemed by any stretch of the imagination and/or/ Legal definition of the words 'obese.'

Through ignorance/casual happenstance/whatever, you find yourself seated in the middle seat between two individuals who could easily be described as 'morbidly obese,' or to put it bluntly, lardarses, fatties or any other epithet that springs to your mind!

What are your rights if you choose to refuse to take the seat allocated to you because of the obvious discomfort caused by the two obese individuals, and what is the Airline legally obliged to do to rectify the situation.

FWIW; Stuffed if I would tolerate being sandwiched between two people fitting the 'morbidly obese' category, at any time under any circumstances.