PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Heathrow jobs
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 12:17
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Talkdownman
Hopefully that is as a result of me telling The Chancers to 'stick it'. After over 40 years service I found Nats HR's treatment to be insulting. They even had the temerity to tell me that if I accepted their pitiful offer I may not continue part-time with my then employer. I told delusional Nats that it would be they who would be part-time as far as I was concerned! They wouldn't accept that. Their loss. They had no idea back then (2003-07) how to treat staff and ex-staff reasonably. I do hope that has improved, because it certainly wouldn't have been difficult to improve!
A similar attitude prevailed in 2008 when I was approaching retirement. Knowing Farnborough would be at least temporarily short staffed when I left, I offered to stay on part time doing 2 weekdays per week totalling 20 hours gross ie half my previous contractual time.
This wasn't good enough for HR who insisted I do shifts and weekends totalling 20 hours gross, so I declined the offer and went.
And even after all these years, Farnborough are still apparently short of staff.