PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA FTL's
Thread: EASA FTL's
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 07:49
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The OP might not realise it but if there is a real BA pilot behind this story the OP has come very close to identifying the individual - it should be fairly self evident that only a limited number of BA pilots live on/near the east coast of the USA and of those only a limited number will be on fleets that operate to/from Hong Kong....just with that info from memory I can narrow it down to probably being one of 2 or 3 individuals, without even checking elsewhere, without doing a search of datebases, etc...if management took an interest they would probably find who it probably was in a couple of seconds....and if they do the poor b***** is going to get the third degree even if his/her travel arrangements are totally legit.

I make the latter point about "legit" because it's not actually made clear in the OP exactly how this individual arranges his/her travel and rest arrangements. Someone saying they are going "off to LHR to do a HKG" may not mean an immediate report for work on arrival at LHR, though it might give that impression, so maybe we need to be careful about calling "foul" on the basis of what we know for definite so far.

On a final and a general point BA do not have a rule on where pilots live, but they do need to comply with EASA FTLs and consider the need for local accommodation/alternative arrangements, etc. All the Longhaul commuters I know use local accommodation when/as required to comply with FTLs.

Last edited by wiggy; 7th May 2017 at 09:38. Reason: tone