PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ultralight pilot convicted of reckless flying
Old 4th May 2017, 12:52
Obidiah

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
And there I was thinking that the reason Australia is on a one way path to 3rd world status was because of government over regulation and now it appears half the populous (at least by this thread) judging by the responses appear to be gleefully on the same path.

FFS!

This bloke simply undertook some risk taking behavior that went wrong whilst operating what is effectively a toy aeroplane you can sit in.

What makes flying a toy aeroplane so special?

How is it that I can race a buggy or dirt bike in a NT desert race that regularly claims lives or strap 300hp outboard to 5m ski boat and point it in the same direction as this ultralight pilot did without anything more than being called a ********. The same rescue services would still come and get me as they did for this plonker when I stuff it up.

There are literally countless ways one can legitimately hurt or kill oneself with the aid of a petrol powered vehicle all under the name of fun. I for one think it is a sad day when governments tell us what we can or can't do in the course of fun.

You nay sayers need to get over yourselves, only the dull types take you seriously.