PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair for experienced pilot
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 10:57
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK.

Well working back to the thread line.
If you have a base near to where you live (and no other operator has a base there), and can be based there from the outset,
If you don't have to pay for a type rating,
If you can get a command back in the base near to your home and where you live OR you don't mind travelling about and seeing a bit of Europe because you are young and free or have a family that is happy to come with you,
If you are offered a PERMANENT employment,
If you are happy and able to live on the salary that is on offer

Then Ryanair is an acceptable place to work.....as long as you are not based in Dublin or Stansted!!

You have to go in to the company with your eyes open and be aware of what it is actually like.
There is no unity of employees, no protections and management are difficult.
The people you work with as colleagues are generally nice people.
Command can be fast with the correct level of experience.

There is a lot of noise about people leaving the company and wanting to come back again. Most of those are people who went to the sandpit for 5 years, made a lot of money but were unhappy about never seeing their families and wanted a bit of stability.

If I were in a position that I was paying for a type rating, I would choose easyJet. If I wanted to be based near London I would try for BA.
If I had a 737 rating and wanted a quick upgrade and nice P1 logbook for quick career progression to go earn China money then I would choose Ryanair.
If I wanted to be near a good sized regional airport that was served by Ryanair, then the decision is made.

I know very few people that regret leaving Ryanair to go to another company that operated from the same location.