PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Life
Thread: Pilot Life
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2003, 03:48
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NotSoFantastic has got it exactly right.

You may begin this career with a passing interest, but you won't stick it out unless it is in your blood.

I knew I would fly from as far back as I can remember. At the age of eight I could have told you all about aeroplane and helicopter aerodynamics and how to fly them. This is the level of interest displayed by nearly all the pilots I know who are worth their salt. Perhaps at different ages, but at some point they realise they have to fly, and nothing else will do. From that point on, they live, sleep, eat flying.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but if you do decide to become a professional pilot, this is the kind of commitment you will be up against when you compete for jobs.

I have to repeat NotSoFantastics' sentiments: "[QUOTE FROM the Hoop ]<<Something that has always interested me is being a pilot, but I'd be the first to admit that I know very little about what the job involves (something to do with those big things with wings, right? )>> just won't do it!"

And having said all that, the job can still suck bigtime.

Of course, if all this just makes you even more determined to fly, then good luck.

Last edited by Maximum; 28th Aug 2003 at 04:01.