PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don't we put Australia first ?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 06:44
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Apart from being completely wrong and ignoring history, your post says at first if Qantas were re-nationalize there would be no incentive to make a profit, then you claim that Air NZ was re-nationalized but makes a profit... make up your mind would be the first point.
You've misinterpreted my intent and the example...perhaps I should have said that the Air NZ bailout was effectively done on commercial terms, i.e. Much like a hostile takeover where the business case is sound but requires restructuring to ensure a return, where the investor took a hands off approach and allowed the business to recover, rather than running it from a parliamentary office and taking decisions based on politics rather than business.

With respect to the OP, his contention was that Oz jobs/companies should be put first..that implies to me a re-nationalisation process which is what I was alluding too.
I frankly couldn't care less about the history of QF nor it's past performances, we are discussing things moving forward in a modern context. If you want to debate the basis of my assertions that's fine...but let's lay out the context and parameters of the operating environment first, otherwise it's merely apples and oranges.