PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Enough is Enough
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 05:57
theSandyBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FPP - that's me...
Having been here 10+ years, I always hoped things would get better. They didn't and they won't. While some colleagues have sometimes told me I've been drinking the cool-aid, I understand and (unwillingly) accept logical business decisions and the need for profit. However, the greed, mismanagement, incompetence and "face" at virtually all levels is slowly sinking the ship. Everyone is only looking inside their little box. Cross department collaboration is non-existing, IT is an absolute mess... At our end, over the last decade, productivity has nearly doubled, but nothing to show for it, not even compensated for inflation (as ie increases in school fees would indicate). Vacation and roster bids are a joke (illegal?), and birthdays, weddings, graduations, family celebrations are virtually impossible to attend (although AVA might give little relief and use for all the va days on the bank). Monthly and yearly limits are a target for scheduling, and if you are not productive enough, nasty e-mails are coming your way. Even the threat of termination for low productivity (long term sickness) is real, possibly even without LoL. Now, medical benefits (insurance?) has started to make all kinds of unilateral deductions and limitations both for consultations, test and medications. That's on top of the reduced number of olives, salad leaves, salik dodging, live-out-freeze, other T&C "improvements"...
I am not saying things are better elsewhere, necessarily. I don't know if they are, for sure. But the way things have developed here, I am getting tired, sick & tired... The only thing that keeps me here is that, while effing expensive, schools are still good (at least acceptable) (while greedy) and I will try to survive until the kids are done with high school...
...IF I survive...

Last edited by theSandyBear; 4th May 2017 at 06:37.