PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone want some A350s?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 05:23
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything at the hangars are either under maintenance, or in a pre/post maintenance queue. I know because I worked there.
Bullocks. If you really worked there, you'd know that there's only so much workplace and manpower, but never for that many airframes at a time.
There are airframes parked and more whales than JDs.
It makes sense, because the window of feasable operation is smaller with whales, but still there are more coming than JDs, who by the way operate outside of theirs as well. The smaller the airframe, the less punishing it is though.

Parking airframes is costly and silly and means managment failure, as simple as that.
We could use less biggies and more tinies. The available 350s would be welcome, however need a seperate fleet, that takes time. 787s could be operated almost instantly in MFF. The fastest solution however would be to integrate FlyDubai's 737. Airframes and crew are here! Deploying smaller equipment will not incite resistence from other countries. The paint job should not take longer than putting oversized grey elephants on oversized white ones, or painting ugly roses on workhorses! But that would only help in conjunction to terminally defer whale deliveries.
It's funny that the same people criticise the overstaffing in the bouncy casle as a profit-problem for EK, when it comes to the oversize of the whale fleet hampering profits, they retreat into their pilot shell and say 'who cares, i'm paid to fly and whatever is under my belt, i don't care'.

The intake of the now available 350s will most probably not happen, just as the FD fleet will continue to unecessarily double serve EK destinations. Too ingrained the management is in the local thick viscosity as to be able to react to changed crcumstances.