PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ultralight pilot convicted of reckless flying
Old 4th May 2017, 03:05
Another Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
Clearly I lack your social media experience, so tell me; how is it that whoever is deserving of help (in your view expressed above) gets chosen? I think you will find your "cretin" will have a family who loves him/her too.

In any event, the two buffoons in this case were picked up by a passing police boat that just happened to be in the area.
That's the point!

I give a damn about someone who has, despite good planning and risk-management, come to grief due to an unforeseeable accident at the same time that everyone is:
  • out searching for a fool Facebook Hero, off to gather some "likes", who's come a cropper
  • out searching for a selfish "but its for charity" 'Legend' who's paddling to Antarctica - with the usual token part proceeds to the charity of your choice
  • recovering some moron who sees 30m waves and thinks "I'm da King of the World!", before disappearing into the surf
  • spending hours risking rescuers' lives trying to recover yet another bloody "rock fisher" wannabe
...etc...etc...etc ...

Obviously, the cretins are "chosen" by default, because they've ended up in the drink first, while our poor bastard has the misfortune to have come to grief a bit later on.