PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Life
Thread: Pilot Life
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2003, 03:22
Mattuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilot

hey thehoop. i am 18 years old and i am about to start flying training. i am not yet a qualified pilot, but many things said in here seem to rings some bells in my (maybe somewhat limited) experience so far.

i have wanted to be a pilot since way before i can remember. as notso fantastic said, i have eaten, drunk and slept aeroplanes since i was 7 (as well as rugby of course!) and i started flying lessons at egka when i was 13. it's all i've ever wanted to do. however, i am about to go to flying school with my best mate, whom has never really shown an interest in being a pilot. about 6 months ago, he turned round and said he was going to join me on the flying course. now, he is a smart bloke and i desperatley hope we both succeed. the point is i think everyone has a point, i have wanted to fly since i was iddy bitty, but we will probably both enjoy the flying/lifestyle etc... just as much as each other and although it probably makes it more likely you will retire as a pilot if it's all you've ever wanted to do, a new found interest should be eagerly followed!

i am hopefully going to oxford aviation school once i've passed all their selection tests. if you want any details, go to www.oxfordaviation.co.uk or email me at [email protected] and i will happy tell you what i know! whatever you do - enjoy!

Matt