PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OML IN ITALY
Thread: OML IN ITALY
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2017, 15:11
bri6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OML IN ITALY

Hi there,
It's Mattia, from Italy. I'm living a long and desconsolating trip around licences law, Jar FLC etc.

just to explain you my situation :

I’ve been involved in an accident 2 years ago, Nov. 2014 , I’ve been in coma and I had a surgery for a head hit. No physical or psychological consequences to this. Subsequently, I returned home without any medicines to take, and no periodical inspections required.

I’ve been clearly stopped by Milan IML AeMC for an year and a half, with a Class 1 unfit, (period to wait I think) with the need of doing some medical exams to ensure my condition.

They requested me to do an EEG with sleep deprivation and to return after six months with also a declaration by my primary care physician saying that I’m not subjected to psychoactive medicines. (2015). EEG had no abnormalities and my clinical picture was normal.

When I returned there in Nov 2015, they requested me to wait and return after 6 months. Still Class1 unfit. no reasons.

May 30th 2016: I returned there, ( same clinical picture without any problem or abnormalities) and they gave me OML, dual controls. They asked me to return with another declaration by my primary care physician, saying that I’m still not subjected to psychoactive medicines(for the second time since 2015), in order to give me the single-pilot's eligibility to fly.

When I returned to Milan with this paper signed, in July 2016, they confirmed dual controls, and asked me to return after other 6 months with a new EEG because too much time passed from the older one (….6 month older…).

So of that, I returned there last 4th of Nov, with the new EEG ( same clinical picture without any problem or abnormalities), I’ve done blood and urine’s analysis, and they confirmed another time the dual controls with NO EXPLANATION or motivation, and another request of the declaration from my primary care physician, saying that I’m still not subjected to psychoactive medicines (for the third time!

I’ve asked to proceed instituting legal appeal action, and they gave me a blank paper, without any disqualifying condition.

They have never informed me about WHY I’m still limited to dual controls, as it seems I don’t have any problem, and I’m physically and psychologically okay. This has been certified by all doctors.

I also did 2hrs flight piloting's assessment (under stress condition) with my school's Commander pilot, who wrote a declaration where is written that I haven’t any kind of problem and I’ve been flying in optimal psychological conditions.

Due to that I’m really disconsolate, as I’m still limited to dual controls without a valid motivation, and with a normal clinic picture.
this happened ALWAYS in MILAN AeMC medical center.

For these reasons, I’m wondering if now - as my medical certificate has been expired today - I could do the examination at another medical center in Europe, under EASA, or not.
Shall I continue to do the examination in Italy, under this AMS Autorithy(ENAC)? OR any other AMS in Europe has the authority to remove limitation (if would be the case)?

LAR FCL says ; "(d) Operational Multicrew Limitation (OML -
Class 1 only).
(1) The limitation “valid only as or with
qualified co-pilot” is to be applied when the
holder of a CPL or an ATPL does not fully meet
the class 1 medical certificate requirements but
is considered to be within the accepted risk of
incapacitation (see JAR-FCL 3 (Medical), IEM
FCL A, B and C). This limitation is applied by
the Authority in the context of a multi-pilot
environment. A “valid only as or with qualified
co-pilot” limitation can only be issued or
removed by the Authority. "

Thank you in advance for your precious time.

Last edited by bri6; 3rd May 2017 at 16:03.