PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:17
learner001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 212man
is that a question or a statement? I'm quite familiar with why we implemented the procedure (which occurs automatically once set up in the menu) - I instigated it!
212man, It is a statement!

The SOP was implemented because only part of the fleet was set up for the 'auto delete'!

I was talking about the situation where nav units (that were randomly set up or not set up for 'auto delete') were: (a) to be set up by the supplier on request of the operator or (b) to be modified by the operator nav-ops for the automatic deletion set up. Which, in my recollection, was/is not modifiable by the flight crew by means of the menu.

We probably have similar reasons for the auto delete. Amongst others: Without positively identifying the origins, some crew were activating waypoints/routes, inserted by a previous crew, that had utilised (with their reasoning!) some convenient, nice sounding, user-invented, questionable, random, identifiers. Previous crews sometimes inserting less precise coordinates, or even totally different coordinates for equally sounding identifiers.

Kind regards, learner . . .