PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ultralight pilot convicted of reckless flying
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:10
Another Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
I wish you folk would stop quoting the SAR cost. It is zero. Yep, nadda, nothing. What you are saying is we should have no SAR service at all. The service we do have is paid for in advance and if there are no rescues there is a budget for simulating them.

Ask the blokes who fly the missions if they put their life at risk next time you see one. That they do is without dispute but they never say that or even think it.
That "creative accounting" aside, (one of) my problems with the ever-growing social-media-fueled "entitled" would-be-adventurers is that some poor bastard may be requiring LEGITIMATE services/rescue, when its being deployed on behalf of some cretin. (Then again, I also ask emergency-room staff what they say to the families of people who croaked while de-prioritised in favour of rushed-in high-speed-chase survivors...)
{And Binghi ... time for some counselling, and new some meds ... to replace the toxic combo of Bolt, Jones, et al..}