PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will demographics kill IR?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:09
JPJP

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rui Dias
Converting to an EASA licence takes a week. No joke, I've seen it being done. I do not believe that government should finance any private business as that is not their function. Business should thrive on their own merit. One of the lessons from Europe that Australia should take into consideration is that a pilot going straight from flight school to a jet will not cause a decrease in safety. With this, I don't understand why the entry requirements are so high even for the smallest of the operators. If you want experienced pilots, you need to let them fly, there's no way around.
I completely understand. As I read your post, the phrase that popped into my mind was "window licker".

Instead of explaining it to you - why don't you research converting an Oz ATPL to an EASA (you pick the state) ATPL. For extra points, add your type rating onto it.

I understand your frustration with the high entry requirements. It must be difficult for you - after spending massive amounts of money on an EASA MCL course, then being horrified that no one in OZ or the U.S will hire you with only 100 odd hours in an actual aircraft. Despite the experiences of your "mates at Ryan Air".

A week ?