PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wash AIAA
Thread: The Wash AIAA
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:22
JustOneMoreQuestion.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously you would speak to your departure and arrival airfields,
Haha, I don't think I'd be too popular with them if I didn't :/
I'll give them a ring next week to see if they've got anything going on. That's true, I just personally always like being in contact with someone, but as you say, they won't be there. If, for weather reasons for example, I can't do my 3500ft, do the usual rules of just calling on the radio to listening traffic apply, or should I stay with Cambridge with a basic/traffic service?
As a matter of interest The Wash AIAA is not active at weekends and only goes up to 3500ft.
Ah, that's good to know. Is there anywhere in particular you can get this information for other AIAAs? I couldn't see their operating hours on the chart.
I would follow the line as it's quicker, but I think I'd like to just follow the coast for some of it. I guess I'll probably decide on the day, weather might put a stop to that idea :/

I would give North Coates a call before setting off. When I went on a weekend about a year or so ago North Coates told me that the staff at Donna Nook could be disposing of unexplored ordnance and we shouldn't overfly.
Oh heck, thank you Adam, I'll do that.

As far as the Lincolnshire AIAA is concerned, I did have to sigh when I heard one pilot calling Waddington LARS to "gain clearance" to enter it...
Haha, even I'm not that bad, although I do recall on my first XC practise requesting permission to take off, rather then calling ready for departure :/

Thank you all