PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unintended 457 consequences could ground airlines
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:15
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ManInJapan,

"It's not just pilots. As I've found advertising for our new hospitality arm, whether it be entry level hospitality or administration staff, virtually everyone we receive applications from are foreign nationals who are here on a variety of visas."

I very much doubt you are correct in your comment about 457's being Mr Shaws work force.

You with any small research will find that "hospitality staff" is the visa that many backpackers use (417) and given that these visa holders can only work a maximum of 6 months for any one employer in the year (can be extended to two) Mr Shaw's seasonal work is ideal for a Work Holiday Visa holder (these holders have trouble getting work due to employers wanting longer term employees).

As for the pilots, I assume you can prove he is lying?

In my field there are persons trained at certain places I wont risk employing, and certain persons from certain nations the same.

Personally I think his points are valid. He calls it "seasonal" you call it "Temporary" =a question for you - how long can a pilot be employed as a casual (temp) until the by law they must be employed as "full time".