PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSIRO says it knows where MH370 is
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:59
MickG0105

Received 214 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremin
Mick, you are clearly defensive of your hypothesis and why not, you put a lot of work into it.
This discussion has got nothing to do with my defending my research and hypothesis; your contention about an unknown, undocumented comms capability really has no bearing on my hypothesis. And at the end of the day, it's just a hypothesis for goodness sake, it's not my first born son. It'll either be right, wrong or somewhere in between; as the Zen Master said, "We'll see."

In order to explain a crucially pivotal event you've suggested that 9M-MRO had a pax cabin SATCOM air-to-ground telephony capability and there is not a scintilla of evidence to support that contention. Is it possible that you are thinking of later versions of Panasonic IFEs such as the Panasonic eX2 IFE system?

That said, IF the airplane had this hitherto undocumented capability and IF turning off the IFE didn't shut it down completely then yes, shutting down the SATCOM at the SDU would make sense. Having done that though, why would you turn it back on after only an hour? Or even turn it back on at all?

Originally Posted by Capt Kremin
Your constant reference to "isolating" the AC bus is in error. Isolating an AC bus doesn't de-power it, it simply removes it from the possibility of powering or interfering with other buses. All items powered by the bus remain powered.
Thanks, fair call. I'll look to amend that in the next version.