PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe ATP. What was wrong with it?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 17:32
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More or less from the horse's mouth...

.....from someone who attended the ATP product support regular meetings as a participant.
One of the very regular complaints was the venting from the toilet into the flight deck. One captain said he could always tell from shortly after t/o, who had had an Indian in GLA the night before. After several tries the anwer was to warm the vent pipe from the holding tank in the loo to the outlet valve on the skin. No thermostat was involved and if the transit was longish you ended up with a 3 foot pipe full of boiling crap.
One of the others was as a result of the fuelage being longer, in that the spacing between the ribs was longer and the vibration of the control runs passing through the grommets in the ribs was quite different/severe and chewed through the grommets pretty quickly and then into the ribs.....
He used to come in from these meetings demanding a beer or several and sentences began with "I don't F*****g believe what the company is trying to do....."
On several occasions I was privy to watching (as an outsider) BAe senior management operating with their colleagues and I could not believe the way they treated their subordinates. A firm smack in the mouth might have been beneficial for several of them.
So when MRA4 went tu I wasn't surprised.

The Ancient Mariner