PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maternity leave for female pilots in EK
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 14:54
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lospilotos
Well you can imagine what would happen if they were to provide guaranteed paid pregnancy as well as paid maternity leave. Of course a flying job is different as you are prevented from performing the job you were hired for. Generous maternity (and paternity for that matter) benefits is available only in countries with well established welfare systems, which the UAE does not have and that should come as no surprise to anyone.

Cabin crew come here with a 1-3 year plan. I don't see why the company should have to pay for them getting pregnant. Pilots make a bigger commitment (or at least used to) and should have more options, as well as long serving cabin crew.
You don't see why the company should have a real plan for maternity ?
Well that's because for most women, it's only natural to have babies.
And when you employ such large number of them, it should come as no surprise they may one day be pregnant.

Also quite an assumption that most come here only with a 2-3 years plan.
I know many who have been here longer than about half the pilot population at EK.

Finally if you don't really have much in place in this area, how do you reasonably expect CC to become long serving staffs ( unless you are a man ).

Not sure when you were born but I m pretty sure it was from a woman who hopefully didn't need to leave the country and work she was employed in.

Anyway. We have both left so I was just passing on some info.
Dinosaurs ( or wannabe Dinosaurs ) feel free to think that it's all good and normal.