PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 1st May 2017, 11:08
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Have yer eyes cut open just to change the focus? Mmmm . . . as someone sitting here having just had the second lens replaced (c 10 years after the first) I'm certain I'd not do it if it hadn't been absolutely necessary.

Yes, I'd pay a fortune for perfect variable focus lenses but I'd need to know they were going to be what it says on the tin. The problem is, at our age things change quite quickly - so logically, a new brain-programmable lens would be the answer. But . . .

If these new replacement lenses work as claimed this could be a permanent solution.
If!? There's the rub. I wouldn't want to be trying to read the guarantee fine print with ones that didn't work.

Still not sure how that technology is coming along - I suspect you've researched it thoroughly but given the adjustment to the interocular lens is counter-intuitive in force/direction, I'm amazed it can be done at all. Getting the Cylinder angle right must be either not addressed or very difficult.

A lot of error seems to be in the cornea. (I was astonished to find my Cyl. correction was the same angle as before.)

One hears great things about laser for this kind of error but I'd not go that route either unless I really couldn't stand the alternative.