PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Technical stop duration
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 09:30
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technical stop duration

Hello,

It's been a hell of a time since I didn't been back on the community forums, after a few personal concerns, and today I want to launch a topic that raises my curiosity. I would like to remind you that as a French speaker, my English might not be the most understandable, which is why I would ask you to be patient and understanding. I've noticed that during a report on an Air France A380, just arrived from a flight it seems it assured on Los Angeles, therefore of a duration of 12h of flight, it was programmed 3h after his park for a new flight on New York!!.... This time of stop seemed rather short to me: personally, I play a simulation of airline management, and for my long-haul planes, I set a stopover of 50% of the duration of flight that they make, that is to say that if my A380 makes a 12-hour flight, I leave it parked at destination for 6 hours before its return flight time, this in my opinion to not keep the reactors operating on stresses too sustained, potentially increasing the risk of failure. I would like to know whether there are any technical constraints or other factors which determine the minimum duration of technical stop for different types of aircraft?

Thank you for your answers.